Like any busy music blog, Digital High’s inbox gets hit up with submissions ranging from the ridiculous to the ridiculously good, that this one dude can’t possibly keep up with. So I’m going to batch post the best of the bunch every Friday to help you groove on into your weekends. It’s my chance to spread even more exposure to the deserving artists out there, enjoy.
Maggie Lindemann – Obsessed
– traditional pop pleasantries meet their contemporary electronic match, courtesy of one of the scene’s freshest voices
Curbi – RUDE
– described as “super in your face,” check the young beatcrafter’s latest club cut plentiful in bounce and bass
Champyons – Maria-Luiza
– ahead of their debut Cha Cha Cha next Spring, groove to the trio’s uniquely provocative piece pushing the bounds of conventional genres
Felix Hagan & The Family – Attention Seeker
– in all it’s full length glory, get familiar with some Brit-pop crammed with ‘the exuberance and majesty of grandiose, flamboyant rock’n’roll.’ and how!
iDA HAWK – Start Again
– with just touches of ivory on her fingertips, this singer-songwriter offers up a soul-stirrer dripping in heartfelt emotion
King Z3US ft. Makarel – What Goes Around
– over a thrown back groove, two of Harlem’s emerging rhyme-spitters drop an authentic and compelling collaboration off the former’s debut EP Y.B.E. slated for release next month. and as a DC blogger I just had to give props for the John Wall shout out!
Goodnight, Sunrise – Remember Now
– hope after despair is the message behind the Toronto three-piece’s current passion piece. stream below or catch the perfectly matched visuals
Stop Light Observations – coyote
– and from the alt/indie rocker’s Vol. 1, comes the poignantly crafted instrumentation and visuals dealing in the emergence of alacrity following a devastating loss [a common theme this week it appears]